Friday, July 10, 2009

Loving Independence

This might be a little late, but Boston is the BEST place to be for the 4th of July! So I need to do a little rewind. We woke up early that Saturday and went downtown for all the patriotic excitement :)

First we went to a flag ceremony downtown, and I realized I haven't said the Pledge of Allegiance for an extremely long time. It was a good way to start the day.

Next we went to Faneuil Hall to listen to the Mayor and a couple other speakers. It was more exciting than it sounds. Well, Ali fell asleep actually...


They read the Declaration of Independence right downtown at the Old State House, from the little balcony. You can't see the cute people dressed up in costumes reading it, but they're there!


That afternoon we all headed down to the Esplanade to hear the Pops and see Boston's famous fireworks! I could sit and watch fireworks forever.
So the next Monday we decided to head back down to Franklin to watch their fireworks that were postponed. I pretended it was the 24th of July because I know I'm going to miss fireworks that day! Boston isn't too excited about pioneers for some reason.
Then we wrapped Ali up in a blanket and carried her back to the car. I'm not really sure why, but it was a good time :) She said it's exactly how they lift residents when they fall at work so I'm glad she finally got to experience what that feels like.

I love the 4th of July! Plus it means I'm halfway to Christmas so that makes it even better :)

No comments:

Post a Comment