Saturday, June 5, 2010

Last of Egypt...Promise.

I couldn't move on from Egypt until I posted about Mt. Sinai! Then I'll stop living in the past. If you can't tell from the picture, we had to wake up at 2:00 am for the experience...worth it. Well, Lisa looks like it might not have been, since she's still asleep.
Tyler, on the other hand, looks awake at all hours of the day. This is at the bottom of the mountain before we headed up the camel-infested trail. After a week of sleep deprivation it was kind of interesting to make my body bust out physical activity in the middle of the night. I think I was nodding off while we walked. Is that even possible? But then camel drivers would yell at us to get out of the way and I would be alert again.
We got there a little before the 5:45 sunrise. I'd take a sunrise over a sunset any day, and this was definitely more beautiful than any I've ever seen. I'm even counting Senior Sunrise, as seen from the hood of my little Hyundai (may it rest in peace) in the Cedar High parking lot. So yeah, this one was good. Cameron loved it so much that he wouldn't even turn around for a picture.
Once the sun came up all the way it was fun to get a full view of how totally out of it everyone looked. Kendel is an obvious exception. I loved singing hymns and looking out over all the rolling mountains there. It really did feel as holy as a temple.
On our way down we stopped and had a testimony meeting. Times like that give me intense reminders of how much I really love everyone here. And on the way back down we saw a blue lizard. Good day.

NOW I'm done posting about Egypt. And I'm almost done writing about it in my journal, too :) I'm growing to love being behind in things. It just means there's always something happening! I love it.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like I need to get some pictures from you! I love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete