Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Mini-Excursion

Boston won't stop raining. Don't tell any of the sun-craving people, but I'm totally loving it. Heat and humidity is just an evil combination. So our Saturday night plans were a little limited to indoor ideas. Ali and I have been waiting for ANY excuse to get back down to Franklin (a 45-minute drive that gets you to the BEST homemade ice cream place in the world), so an indoor mini-golf course in that area sounded like a great plan.

"The Greatest Course on Earth!" That's what the door said, anyway, so we had pretty high expectations. Then we stepped inside and found a blacklight, circus-themed room that was hilariously creepy. So strange...

Creepy, right? The place was complete with clowns, one-eyed gorillas, wizards, a scantily clad indian chief, just a wide variety of...stuff.
But then we just kind of embraced it. No one more than Doug or Allen.
I loved all 18 holes of that course; each one has some random statue (like everything in the one-eyed gorilla list, or the random orange cones above) that isn't even between your ball and the hole. They're just kind of...there. It's great.

I don't know how a circus involves wizards, but when you're as cool as this place you just don't need to worry about things like that.


I know this doesn't look like a promising putt, but we're gonna give Ali the benefit of the doubt and assume this is during the round we all played left-handed. I could not figure out the difference between left-handed and right-handed putts for the life of me, I don't know why that was so confusing.


Luke was pretty excited to sneak into the Lion cage for this picture, but not as excited as Ali and I were when it was time to say goodbye to the circus and get our highly anticipated ice cream. We pulled into that wonderful little ice cream shop at 10:08, I was so happy to be back...but I'll admit a little of the happiness was lost when we saw that it closed at 10:00. Sigh. Looks like we'll just have to go back again! And we'll be sure to fit in another round at the greatest course on earth! Maybe...

No comments:

Post a Comment