Monday, June 22, 2009

To Dad

I know I'm a little late, but I couldn't pass up the chance to give a shout out to my wonderful dad! He's one of my favorite people to talk to in the world and he's great at making me laugh. I sure miss him!


My dad is one of the smartest people I know, I love how I learn something every time I talk to him on the phone. And his fatherly advice is always amusing to hear :)


My favorite thing about my dad is how much he loves my mom. Their marriage makes me so happy. He's just such a good guy :) Definitely the best dad I've ever had.


I also love how much he humors his daughters, like when I told him to be more excited about plants for this picture :)

A few favorite dad memories:
  • Late night Oreo talks
  • Struggling to learn how to drive a stick (which involved a lot of frustrated moments, a few tears, anger when he would laugh at my tears, and some misleading directions that ended up with me on the freeway being chased by a diesel that could totally take me and almost did.)
  • Talking about politics and pretending Massachusetts is changing me just to freak him out a little
  • Walking the cute streets of Cedar City on the nights I'm in town
  • His beard :( (You better grow it back when your calling changes, dad.)
  • Watching him be a grandpa
  • Beating him at ping pong! Ok... and sometimes losing to him ;)
  • His radio voice

Happy Father's Day dad! I love you!

2 comments: