Sunday, April 4, 2010

Separation

Dear Easter candy,

Thank you for being the best candy of the whole year...but it's time for me to move on. It's not you, it's me. I just never feel good anymore, and if I try and keep you around I'll just be distracted all the time.

I just think we need a break. Maybe by this time next year I'll feel better about things, and we can try again. In fact, I think there's a very good chance that will happen.

But for now, we need to be done. It causes me a lot of pain to say that -- but I also feel a lot of pain every time I buy another package of you. Our relationship is just unhealthy. I'm unhappy when you're here and I'm unhappy when you're not...we sound like a Taylor Swift song. I'm not comfortable with that.

I'll miss you,

Maddie

2 comments:

  1. Dear Maddie,

    I enjoyed this post and agree wholeheartedly.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...that was moving, or maybe it was just my tummy grumbling.

    ReplyDelete