Thursday, April 9, 2009

J'aime Paris!

My last week in London has been pretty crazy! Crazy busy, but the good kind. I'm trying to make time for all the things I want to do before leaving, so I've had tosacrifice some other things in life...like sleeping and blogging. Now I'm finally getting around to at least one of them!

Paris was a blast, I don't really know how to even explain it...so I'm just going to overload you with pictures!


Boarding our early morning train ride through the chunnel! It's not very exciting. Just dark.



First we went through the Musee' D'Orsay. The paintings were beautiful! This was one of my favorites. If I had a little more blogging patience I might show you more :)

Chrysanthemes - Monet

The museum used to be a train station.

Our first glimpse of the Eiffel Tower! That's when we felt like Paris was Paris.


So we went to find it! I love finding tall things, it's nice to find something without getting lost.


Next was Sainte-Chapelle. It has over 1,000 stained glass images. It taught me that something literally can take your breath away.


Notre Dame! No Quasimoto. That movie scared me when I was little, I think I have bad feelings towards the place that I didn't discover until being there.


Up the hill to see Sacre-Coeur. There were dozens of painters trying to capture the view of the city.

We heard Moulin Rouge was close by, so we went to get a picture of it. Walking there was quite an experience, the neighborhood made the Strip seem like nothing. Pretty scandalous...but here it is!

We watched the sunset from the top of the Arc de Triomphe

Climbing the Eiffel Tower first thing in the morning! It's cheaper if you take the stairs to the middle of it, then everyone has to take a lift the rest of the way. The stairs are conveniently numbered because counting all 700 steps makes it easier. This is not true.

View from the top!

Cool shadow :)


The catacombs underneath Paris were creepy. Lots of bones. Soo many bones.


The sun!! Power nap in Luxembourg Gardens.

Most of us took a trip out to Versailles. Here's the Hall of Mirrors where the peace treaty of WWI was signed.

Rowing around the gardens of Versailles! This got a little contentious; we had some back-seat rowing and different theories about how to turn the boat. When we finally got going we realized the boat was technically going backwards. Sometimes you just can't be picky.

The Gardens of Versailles


My new favorite museum! Musee' de Rodin.


I didn't know Rodin was my favorite artist until this trip. Now I know. Here's The Thinker.


This was my favorite Rodin sculpture, The Waltz. If I'm ever wondering what I should do with all my money, I think I'll buy it. In 62 years.

We went to the Eiffel Tower every night to watch the light show.


I went to Pere Lachaise Cimetiere to find Chopin's grave. Looks like I have the same favorite as plenty of other people -- his grave was one of the most decorated.


The Louvre was huge. Here's Mona! Still smiling.

Winged Victory. Still broken.

Everything in the Louvre was amazing, but I'm not gonna lie...pretty overwhelming.


Every night in Paris ended with a crepe and the light show at the Eiffel Tower. Every hour it kind of...sparkles? for 5 minutes. It's beautiful.


Au revoir Paris !

2 comments:

  1. Maddie: "I love finding tall things."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you. I can not wait to see you. I am jealous of all you do. The tallest thing in Provo is the SWKT.

    ReplyDelete