Wednesday, April 22, 2009

When in Rome...

No more school! Finals ended last week and we left for Italy the next morning. First stop, Venice!

Venice looks exactly like it's supposed to.
Gondola ride!

Our driver's name was Marco. Driver? Rower? Yeah.



We ran into the missionaries and they told us to get pizza here. Huge!

Hotel balcony

The sister! I had fun getting lost with her, Venice is one big maze.

Ali on the Spanish steps.


Yep, Italy has them too.

Making a wish at the Trevi Fountain -- I'd tell you but then it probably won't come true, I figure the birthday candle rule applies.

St. Peter's Basilica -- This statue of Paul has a completely smooth foot because of constant caresses.


Outside St. Peter's, where everyone comes to hear the Pope.

We got a little lost trying to find a church in Rome, but a cute old Italian man found us and led the way!




Gladiator fight in the Colosseum


This was my favorite site in Rome



And that's the end of the semester! Now I'm back in America and super excited to be with my family. We're playing in Boston for a couple days then heading to D.C. this weekend!

1 comment:

  1. BAH!!!! I miss you dearly! When do I get to see you and I am SO jealous of your escapades through so many different countries! Meanies... ;) I love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete