Sunday, May 23, 2010

And then Egypt happened...

Back in Jeru! Egypt was amazing...so much so that it won't all fit in one post. But I will put up a few as fast as I can so that my family will love me again. To start it all off...

Meet King Farouk! My camel. He smelled about as good as he looks, but he didn't spit. To the right is Muhammad, my camel driver. He would feed me entertaining lies about his life to boost his tip, but the camel drivers around us didn't let him get away with it.

I met King Farouk by trying to kiss him, but he totally denied me with a Chewbacca-like noise. Muhammad interpreted that as a sign that he should be my camel for the night. I didn't agree with the logic, but he wouldn't let me pick another one.

So here's our caravan! I was at the very end (good view, huh?) of our long line of camel riders. I liked that because Muhammad would stop for a couple minutes every once in a while then make King Farouk run (trot?) to catch up with the rest of the group. I loved it.


We rode along the Nile in Luxor, and it was seriously beautiful. Despite the 122 degree weather, I completely loved that place. The Nile is nasty. We used bottled water for literally everything the whole week, I turned into nothing short of a germaphobe for the week. Worth it.
Our felucca ride on the Nile that night was one of my favorite things I did the whole trip. It was incredibly beautiful, I wish pictures did it justice. It's so hard to choose which pictures to post, so I hope somebody back home loves me enough to look at all my pictures when I get back :) Except I've already taken over 1,000, so.....
Isn't it so pretty?? Just don't touch it, that beautiful river holds every disease known to man. The moon is kind of hiding, but look for it -- perfect moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment